Tuesday 15 January 2013

Fall from grace.

It pains me to write this and so close to my treatment start date.
I wasn't sure I would be able to write at all. I'm feeling extremely numb & completely broken.

I'm writing this to all my followers on various sites who have similar problems. The ones reading my blog because we are all 'helping eachother'.

For once, I will be completely brutal with what I write. I do not intend to upset anybody, but I can no longer hide my dark days away. I've been told to write exactly whats going on and how I feel.
Today was terrible.. A day I want to forget, but am well aware I'll be haunted by it for some time.
I woke up feeling low. Lower than low. I was reluctant to get out of bed... but I hauled myself up, determine to try. It wasn't long before my daily fight met it's match with the demons in my head. Something switched & that was that. Before I knew what was going on, I was putting on my jeans & a jumper.
Suddenly, I was out the door. Heavy snow under my feet - I walked and didn't look back.
I wasn't at my parents & was in an unfamiliar place. Tears pouring down my face - I just kept walking.
It wasn't until I was splashed by a dozen unforgiving cars that I realised how cold I was. My hands were bright red, my feet were drowned in a puddle of soggy jeans and my tears felt like they were turning to ice.
I had been walking for around two hours when it became apparent I was lost. My head was all over the place. Thinking straight - didn't happen. The battery on my phone was nearing dead & I felt like that battery was resembling my dying personality. Everything was an emotional blur. I looked at my phone and had 30+ missed calls from three different people, including my incredible mother. Three people knew I was in a bad way from previous texts I had sent. I found the courage to call my mum, my frosty fingers struggling to move.

The police were then called and I had to knock on the nearest door I could see. I became more and more tearful. My eyes were staring blankly into dark pools & I found it hard to communicate with anyone from that moment onwards. I was passed to & from different people, then medically checked over and stabilized.
I was told I had walked miles and miles away from where I started. I was surrounded by unknown faces & couldn't possibly begin to describe how I felt.
I just wanted to walk away. Walk away all my problems & thoughts. Never looking back.
I know it wasn't the right thing to do, but I just couldn't stop myself.  I've now been left with blistered feet, sore hands, ruined clothes & a broken promise. A promise to make 2013 a positive one. My soul feels far from my body ... a damaged fragile soul that has lost it's way. I pray for a better day tomorrow. In the arms of my family and those who love me.

x

4 comments:

  1. WOW! What a day. I will think of you tomorrow and hope you turn a corner for the better. Go slowly, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had similar episodes. Feel better, honey. Try to stay connected, and in your body. Believe me, I know how hard that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crisi, I'm very new to blogging, here to vent and sort out my thoughts hoping I'll find it helpful. I just happened to come across your blog. I have so been where you are, and I still struggle. One thing about people who know sadness and anxiety, we have incredible strength, we are fighters. You can come back from this.. have faith, believe you can do it. I hope you are feeling better real soon. I do have to say you have an incredible writing style.
    Please keep your head up.. Tomorrow is another day. I hope to read another post from you real soon. Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to hug you! I've not ever done that, prolly cause I am too lazy, but I understand it.

    ReplyDelete